Roll up your sleeves and dust off that apron – it’s time to get cooking with our tempting, tasty bakes. I hope you like this recipe for gingerbread men.
Recipe For Gingerbread Men
What You Will Need
- 125 g butter
- 125 g light muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 300 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- royal or glace icing and sweets (optional), to decorate
Procedure For Making Gingerbread Men
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/350 °F/Gas. Line a baking tray with parchment. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup together in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Sift the flour into a bowl with the bicarbonate of soda, ground ginger and mixed spice.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well until it forms a ball you-may want to use your hands to do this.
- Wrap the ball of dough in cling film and put it in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Dust your work-surface with a little flour and roll out the dough to about the depth of a £1 coin.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut out the gingerbread men, re-rolling the dough if necessary so you can cut out as many as possible.
- Place the gingerbread men on the lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then place on a cooling rack to completely cool down.
- Decorate with icing and any other sweets that you like – you can press currants into the still-warm dough to use as eyes and chocolate chips make good buttons.
So this is how you make gingerbread men! Hope you liked this recipe for gingerbread men.